Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Everybody

We spent Christmas Eve at my son's apartment and I had a really good time. Times are tough, so gifts weren't in abundance, but gifts are not what Christmas is all about, at least not getting a ton of gifts isn't, it's the thought behind what gifts you did get that counts.

Take the laptop that my son gave me. No, it isn't new, someone gave it to him because the battery doesn't work, the touchpad partially works and it's missing the left shift key. Despite all this, the computer itself looks pretty good, it's not beat up and it works. The screen is bigger than my other laptop and my other laptop screen blinked on and off at the slightest jar or jiggle.

Now, I can train my right hand to do the shifting, I can purchase a new battery (eventually), and I plugged in the wireless mouse from my other laptop to this one so I could scroll and click/drag things. All in all, despite having a smaller hard drive, this computer is better than my other one, so my son got a hug and a kiss from his very surprised mom.

My SIL got us a pair of Nerf guns that shoot small Nerf darts. His reasoning was that if we get mad enough at each other to want to shoot each other at least the Nerf darts won't kill us. Hubs will probably use his to get my attention when he's trying to say something to me.

Speaking of Hubs, he cooked the most delicious sirloin steak dinners for everyone.

So, all in all, it was a very good Christmas and I'm not complaining one bit.

No comments: