Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rambling on

I feel like rambling, so I will.

I have a friend who lives in England (I live in the SEUS) and we've been talking over MSN for the better part of four years now, pretty much ever since she started university over there to learn to be a CSI, specializing in forensic biology. Yes, I'm old enough to be her mother, but age is not, and should never be, a factor when it comes to making friends.

Anyway, we like to do what we call arcs-writing stories together. I also help her with her fanfiction which she writes, mainly about CSI Miami, NY and Fringe. I won't go into specifics because she's a very private person (which is why I'm not giving her name or handle. She's very good at weaving her own unique character into the plots that interest her from the various seasons and we write back and forth in a fairly unique manner, not in prose style, she translates all that we do into that. It's more like...well this:

Charlie: *Glances up when Broyles walks in.* How's it going?

Get it? Good. We also sometimes just did what we called games where she would 'borrow' characters/worlds/whatever from any show/movie/vidgame that caught her fancy, then we would add in our own made-up characters, she would come up with a plot and we'd take off. Now, some of you would think that's silly-an old woman and a young ladyl playing games like that most of the day, and it probably is, but it's also a lot of fun and much more satisfying than say....going out, getting drunk, screwing someone you picked up wherever you got drunk at, then waking up and not even remembering what you did or who the hell that was in bed with you. Me, I prefer to remember when I had a good time, as well as who I had a good time with and going out to find sex is not my idea of a good time. Sex is for procreation only and I've never seen where it's so much fun that I just had to go out looking for it. If that bothers some people, then oh well, my husband is quite enough to keep me home and at least he knows where I'm at when I'm sitting at my laptop.

But enough about all that. We pretty much stopped our games, after several years it was hard for either of us to come up with unique plots to play so now I just co-write fanfic with her.

Toodle-oo ;)

No comments: